American Singer Donnie Wahlberg Sets Guinness Record For Most Selfies In 3 Minutes
A new Guinness World Record has been set for the most selfies in three minutes, after American singer Donnie Wahlberg snapped 122 photos with guests on board his music band's cruise.
Wahlberg, a founding member of the 80s boyband New Kids on the Block, had unsuccessfully tried to break the record last year. With the help of many excited NKOTB fans, Wahlberg managed to set world record this time around.
Guinness World Records Adjudicator Sarah Casson was onboard New Kids on The Block Cruise in Mexico - where the record was attempted - to confirm his achievement and present him with his official certificate. After his record-breaking feat, Wahlberg paid tribute to the NKOTB fanbase.
"How does one break the Guinness World Records title for selfies? By doing it with the best fans on earth during our favourite event each year, the New Kids on the Block Cruise!" said Wahlberg.
The attempt beat the former record of 119 snaps, achieved by digital enterprise company Aruba, in Singapore earlier this year.
The cruise, which departed from the Port of New Orleans and stopped in Cozumel, was filled with over 3,000 devoted fans of the band.
Passengers were at sea for four days and were able to enjoy concerts from their favourite teen idols, as well as themed parties and activities with the band members. Wahlberg is not the first celebrity to hold the record. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson previously held the title for a successful attempt on the red carpet at the London premiere of his movie San Andreas back in May 2015.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack