American Sitcom Modern Family Features a Transgender Child Actor in Its Latest Episode
A still from the show Modern Family.
Los Angeles: In a move that could be termed as historic, popular American sitcom Modern Family featured a transgender child actor in its latest episode.
Director Ryan Case posted on Instagram a picture of herself alongside 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, who identifies as a boy. Case wrote that Millarker would play a boy named Tom, who's a friend of Lily. Lily is the daughter of Cam and Mitchell, played on the show by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. A spokeswoman for ABC had also confirmed Millarker's appearance.
Case says that Millarker is "just wonderful" and one of many reasons Case loves being a part of the show.
A synopsis of the episode titled A Stereotypical Day stated that the episode had Cam and Mitchell overhearing Lily insulting Tom and how the couple used the moment to teach her a lesson about acceptance.
Recommended For You
- Malinga Calls Lankan Sports Minister 'Monkey', Faces Investigation
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Ahead of Tubelight Release, Know More About Salman Khan’s Biggest Hits
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats