American Sitcom Modern Family Features a Transgender Child Actor in Its Latest Episode
A still from the show Modern Family.
Los Angeles: In a move that could be termed as historic, popular American sitcom Modern Family featured a transgender child actor in its latest episode.
Director Ryan Case posted on Instagram a picture of herself alongside 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, who identifies as a boy. Case wrote that Millarker would play a boy named Tom, who's a friend of Lily. Lily is the daughter of Cam and Mitchell, played on the show by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. A spokeswoman for ABC had also confirmed Millarker's appearance.
Case says that Millarker is "just wonderful" and one of many reasons Case loves being a part of the show.
A synopsis of the episode titled A Stereotypical Day stated that the episode had Cam and Mitchell overhearing Lily insulting Tom and how the couple used the moment to teach her a lesson about acceptance.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know