American Sitcom Modern Family Features a Transgender Child Actor in Its Latest Episode
The episode was aired on Wednesday.
A still from the show Modern Family.
Los Angeles: In a move that could be termed as historic, popular American sitcom Modern Family featured a transgender child actor in its latest episode.
Director Ryan Case posted on Instagram a picture of herself alongside 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, who identifies as a boy. Case wrote that Millarker would play a boy named Tom, who's a friend of Lily. Lily is the daughter of Cam and Mitchell, played on the show by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. A spokeswoman for ABC had also confirmed Millarker's appearance.
Case says that Millarker is "just wonderful" and one of many reasons Case loves being a part of the show.
A synopsis of the episode titled A Stereotypical Day stated that the episode had Cam and Mitchell overhearing Lily insulting Tom and how the couple used the moment to teach her a lesson about acceptance.
Recommended For You
- Coco Movie Review: The Pixar Film Provides Audience With an Immersive Showcase of Mexican Culture
- IFFI 2-17: Kerala High Court Refuses to Stay Order on Screening S Durga at IFFI
- Jeep Recalls 1200 Compass SUV's in India Over Faulty Airbags
- Zaheer-Sagarika Look Picture Perfect In These Post-Wedding Party Photos
- Former Brazil Striker Robinho Given 9-year Jail Term for Rape in Italy