American Sitcom Modern Family Features a Transgender Child Actor in Its Latest Episode
The episode was aired on Wednesday.
A still from the show Modern Family.
Los Angeles: In a move that could be termed as historic, popular American sitcom Modern Family featured a transgender child actor in its latest episode.
Director Ryan Case posted on Instagram a picture of herself alongside 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, who identifies as a boy. Case wrote that Millarker would play a boy named Tom, who's a friend of Lily. Lily is the daughter of Cam and Mitchell, played on the show by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. A spokeswoman for ABC had also confirmed Millarker's appearance.
Case says that Millarker is "just wonderful" and one of many reasons Case loves being a part of the show.
A synopsis of the episode titled A Stereotypical Day stated that the episode had Cam and Mitchell overhearing Lily insulting Tom and how the couple used the moment to teach her a lesson about acceptance.
Recommended For You
- Padmavati: It's Tough to Take Eyes Off Deepika As Rani Padmavati
- Tata Nexon Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 5.85 Lakhs
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: India Announce 21-member Squad for Tournament
- 10 Best Crime Thrillers That Promise Goosebumps And Excitement
- Rahul Dev Guides You About Battle Ropes Workout