Amy Winehouse drank herself to death: inquest
A second inquest into Amy Winehouse's death has confirmed that the singer died of drinking too much alcohol.
London: A second inquest into Amy Winehouse's death has confirmed that the singer died of drinking too much alcohol. The 27-year-old 'Rehab' singer was found dead at her home in Camden, north London, in 2011.
The verdict is identical to the first hearing which had to be repeated after the deputy coroner was found to lack the relevant experience, reported BBC News.
The coroner at St Pancras Coroner's Court recorded a verdict of misadventure, the same as the original inquest in October 2011. The hearing also heard the same evidence as the first inquest.
The hearing was told the 'Back To Black' star was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she died. Dr Shirley Radcliffe, St Pancras Coroner, said the star died from "alcohol toxicity", adding it was "a level of
alcohol commonly associated with fatality".
She said Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol" and added "two empty vodka bottles were on the floor" beside her bed when her body was discovered.
The inquest was told the post mortem examination gave the cause of death as alcohol toxicity and the singer probably suffered a respiratory arrest.
Winehouse had resumed drinking after a period of abstinence.
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali