Beyonce Knowles in legal trouble
The celebrity singer has been accused of putting 70 people out of work
London: Singer Beyonce Knowles has been accused of putting 70 people out of work after "abruptly abandoning" plans for a video game "on a whim".
According to a complaint filed on Tuesday in New York, the agreement fell apart during a "crucial moment in the project's development" because Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more cash. She allegedly "destroyed Gate Five's business, and drove 70 people into unemployment".
The bosses of the firm claimed that they were set to release a game with the singer called 'Starpower: Beyonce', but the deal fell through when she suddenly pulled out of the project last year, reports contactmusic.com.
Now Gate Five chiefs want to recover the $6.7 million investment they put into the venture and more than $100 million in profits they claim the game would have made.
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18