Beyonce Knowles in legal trouble
The celebrity singer has been accused of putting 70 people out of work
London: Singer Beyonce Knowles has been accused of putting 70 people out of work after "abruptly abandoning" plans for a video game "on a whim".
According to a complaint filed on Tuesday in New York, the agreement fell apart during a "crucial moment in the project's development" because Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more cash. She allegedly "destroyed Gate Five's business, and drove 70 people into unemployment".
The bosses of the firm claimed that they were set to release a game with the singer called 'Starpower: Beyonce', but the deal fell through when she suddenly pulled out of the project last year, reports contactmusic.com.
Now Gate Five chiefs want to recover the $6.7 million investment they put into the venture and more than $100 million in profits they claim the game would have made.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion