Beyonce Knowles in legal trouble
The celebrity singer has been accused of putting 70 people out of work
London: Singer Beyonce Knowles has been accused of putting 70 people out of work after "abruptly abandoning" plans for a video game "on a whim".
According to a complaint filed on Tuesday in New York, the agreement fell apart during a "crucial moment in the project's development" because Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more cash. She allegedly "destroyed Gate Five's business, and drove 70 people into unemployment".
The bosses of the firm claimed that they were set to release a game with the singer called 'Starpower: Beyonce', but the deal fell through when she suddenly pulled out of the project last year, reports contactmusic.com.
Now Gate Five chiefs want to recover the $6.7 million investment they put into the venture and more than $100 million in profits they claim the game would have made.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board