Bob Dylan Wins Nobel for Literature: Top 10 Songs to Celebrate the Genius That He Is
Image via AP.
"Every songwriter after him carries his baggage”, U2 front man Bono had rightly said about legendary musician Bob Dylan. Writer, composer and singer Bob Dylan has inspired musicians across the world with his soulful, though provoking music for over five decades. His music has been a tool for social change, with some of his songs becoming anti-war anthems. The man’s songs have hadd political, social, philosophical influence and he is till date considered a cult in soft rock and pop music.
When his name was announced on Thursday morning as the recipient for 2016 Nobel Prize for literature, it was met with loud gasps and cheer in the room. The Swedish Academy cited that Dylan, the first song writer to receive such a coveted award, was selected “for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.”
And what better way to celebrate the day than to listen to the legend himself. Here are the top 10 songs by Bob Dylan to celebrate and understand the genius that he is.
The Times They Are a-Changing
Positively 4th Street
Knockin` On Heaven`s Door
Like A Rolling Stone
Blowin’ In The Wind
Mr Tambourine Man
Tangled Up In Blue
Just Like A Woman
It's Alright Ma (I'm only bleeding)
Recommended For You
- When Wankhede Sung 'Happy Birthday' for Sachin Tendulkar
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- Maruti Suzuki DZire Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- Irfan Pathan Replaces Dwayne Bravo in Gujarat Lions Squad
- Bigg Boss 10 Contestant Monalisa's Transformation Is Inspirational!