Bruce Springsteen Signs a Young Fan's Absence Excuse Note
Doubt school authorities would have had any problems with the rock legend's signatures laying on their desk.
Image: Getty Images
Philadelphia: A Philadelphia fifth-grader ditched school for the chance to meet rock legend Bruce Springsteen and "The Boss" gladly played along by signing the boy's absence excuse note.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Michael Fenerty attended a meet-and-greet with the New Jersey native on Thursday at the Free Library of Philadelphia with his dad.
Springsteen was in town for a book signing to promote his new autobiography, Born To Run.
Wanting to follow school procedure, the boy's father brought along a pre-typed note that Springsteen signed to excuse his son's absence.
Springsteen told the boy that he would have to read the note first because that's how he got in trouble with his first contract.
The school's principal only received a photocopy of the note.
Recommended For You
- Sridevi's Death: Indian Consulate in Dubai Working Towards Getting Body Released
- 'No Jerks Allowed' Say Norway's Record Breaking Olympians
- Sridevi's Heartwarming Moments With Daughters Jhanvi and Khushi
- Rohit Sharma Credits Bowlers for Win in Third T20I in Cape Town
- Exclusive - 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Test Drive Review [Video]