Chat Show Host Asks Priyanka Chopra If She Knew English When She First Came to the US
Priyanka Chopra during her interview with Chelsea Handler. Photo Via YouTube.
She is slowly becoming the darling of international media. And why not, because Priyanka Chopra is not only talented and charming but is the true ambassador of the country who is breaking myths that American seem to have about us and our country. After revealing on The Ellen Show about Indians and their drinking habits, Chopra recently clarified to chat show host Chelsea Handler on her show that a lot of Indians can indeed speak in English.
During the show Handler asked Chopra is she knew how to speak in English when she first came to America at the age of 12 as a school student. To which Priyanka replied, " Yes. 10 % of India speaks English which is 1.3 million people which is more than most nations. When you go to India you will encounter most people speaking in English."
Well she got the part about Indians being fluent in English correct but perhaps the numbers were not accurate enough. What Chopra meant was that 10% of the population which is 130 million and not 1.3 million people speak English in India.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) October 26, 2016
Chopra also spoke about how she is ok working round the clock as most Indians only get a 'Sunday off and schools work half day on Saturdays.'
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- HIL 2017: Nikkin's Late Goal Earns 3-3 Draw for Dabang Mumbai in Opener
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now