Couple Finds Pendant Buried In Ireland 26 Years Ago
(Photo: Reuters/Representative image.)
A Connecticut woman has retrieved half of her heart after leaving it in Ireland 26 years ago.
In 1990, a 29-year-old Laurie McGrath had buried half of a golden heart necklace with two interlocking halves that was given to her by her then-boyfriend, Bill McGrath.
The intent was that they'd both go to Ireland to dig it up someday.
The now-married East Lyme couple recently flew to Dublin for their 25th wedding anniversary and traveled to the cemetery in Castletownroche, Ireland, where the pendant was buried.
The couple dug near an Irish gravestone and found the plastic bag with part of the pendant inscribed with the words, "best friends."
Laurie McGrath tells the day that she and Bill cried and couldn't believe they'd found the pendant after so many years.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right