Couple Finds Pendant Buried In Ireland 26 Years Ago
(Photo: Reuters/Representative image.)
A Connecticut woman has retrieved half of her heart after leaving it in Ireland 26 years ago.
In 1990, a 29-year-old Laurie McGrath had buried half of a golden heart necklace with two interlocking halves that was given to her by her then-boyfriend, Bill McGrath.
The intent was that they'd both go to Ireland to dig it up someday.
The now-married East Lyme couple recently flew to Dublin for their 25th wedding anniversary and traveled to the cemetery in Castletownroche, Ireland, where the pendant was buried.
The couple dug near an Irish gravestone and found the plastic bag with part of the pendant inscribed with the words, "best friends."
Laurie McGrath tells the day that she and Bill cried and couldn't believe they'd found the pendant after so many years.
Recommended For You
- Happy Birthday Sachin: Top 10 Knocks of the Master Blaster
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Audi RS7 Performance Review: Who Needs a Lamborghini?
- Nawazuddin's New Video Looks Beyond Religion and Talks About Artistic Freedom
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, The New Internet Sensation