Crime map of India
Kerala, the state that tops in many development indicators, also reports the highest rate of IPC crimes.
Often statistics tell a different story from what we perceive and this crime map of India is an example. While statistics may not necessarily be able to tell the whole truth, but they do give an insight into aspects that would have been otherwise overlooked. The crime statistics available with the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) are that of reported crimes and many incidents of crime are never reported.
According to NCRB's Crime in India 2012 report, Kerala, the state that tops in many development indicators, also reports the highest rate of crimes under the Indian Penal Code (IPC). At 455.8 per lakh population, the crime figures for Kerala is more than double of the national average. Nagaland, according to the report, has the lowest crime rate that is only a tenth of that in Kerala. Among cities, Kochi reports 817.9 incidents of IPC crimes for every lakh population, the highest in the country.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle