DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Daler Mehndi's 10 acre land seized in Haryana
Daler Mehndi's 10 acre land seized in Haryana for alleged illegal occupation of the land.
Chandigarh: Punjabi pop singer Daler Singh Mehndi was Thursday dispossessed of 10 acres land at Sohna in Haryana by a sub-divisional magistrate court which also served him a 15-day notice for seizing another 100 acres of his farm house.
The court gave the 10 acres land, seized from the singer, to the Sohna town municipal committee in Gurgaon district near Delhi.
A government spokesman said here that the singer had a farmhouse spread over 112 acres in Sohna. He said that the SDM court served him a notice for alleged illegal occupation of the land.
The Sohna municipal committee had filed a plea before Sub-Divisional Magistrate Vivek Kalia.
"On the directions of the SDM court, possession of 10 acres out of 112 acres of Daler Mahndi's farmhouse were Thursday restored to municipal committee, Sohna, which had filed a case alleging that the farm house was illegally built on the committee's land," the spokesman said.
"Restoring 10 acres, the SDM court served a 15 days' show cause notice to the singer for the remaining about 100 acres of municipal committee land which is allegedly under occupation of his farm house," the spokesman said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham