Dave Grohl's Mother Poised to Publish Book on Raising Rockstars
The book by Hanlon Grohl has been titled 'From Cradle To Stage: Stories From The Mothers Who Rocked And Raised Rock Stars'
The mother of Foo Fighters' singer Dave Grohl is set to release a new book which explores what it's like to be the mother of a rockstar, drawing from her own experience and interviews with other famous musicians' moms.
The book by Hanlon Grohl, to be published in April 2017 in the US by Seal Press, has been titled "From Cradle To Stage: Stories From The Mothers Who Rocked And Raised Rock Stars," and features commentary from the mothers of artists such as Dr.Dre (Virginia Griffin), Amy Winehouse (Janis Winehouse), and the Haim sisters' mother (Donna Haim).
Other interviewees include Marianne Stipe, mother of former REM singer Michael Stipe; Hester Diamond (Mike D) and Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine's mom Patsy Noah.
The blurb for the book reads: "As Virginia watched her son's star rise, she often wondered about the other mothers who raised sons and daughters who became rock stars. Were they as surprised as she was about their children's fame? Did they worry about their children's livelihood and wellbeing in an industry fraught with drugs and other dangers? Did they encourage their children's passions despite the odds against success, or attempt to dissuade them from their grandiose dreams? Do they remind their kids to pack a warm coat when they go on tour?"
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video