Dhaka Streets Flood with Bloody Water Post Eid Slaughter and Rains
A disturbing sight greeted the people of Dhaka, the Bangladeshi capital, after Eid, when the city streets got flooded with bloody water. Heavy downpour on Tuesday combined with animal slaughter on Bakr-Eid resulted in this nightmarish scene.
— Edward Rees (@ReesEdward) September 13, 2016
While rains continued to pour in the Bangladeshi capital city, people continued to offer their prayers and follow the rituals. The waterlogging combined with bad drainage and animal slaughter at undesignated spots led to this fiasco.
According to the Dhaka Tribune, the city corporations designated 1,000 spots (496 in the north and 504 in the south) for slaughtering animals. People however did not adhere to these designated spots and slaughtered animals at places convenient to them.
Dhaka citizens have criticised the city corporations claiming that they failed to keep the city’s drainage systems functional. Citizens have also complained about not being made aware of the designated spots for slaughtering animals.
The deputy chief of waste management in the Dhaka South City Corporation said that water logging in the capital has always been a problem, adding that they are still working to solve this issue.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- DHONI DILEMMAMS Dhoni May Play Warm-Up Games Against England Before ODI Series
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra