Diwali 2016 : Australia's Iconic Sydney Opera House To Turn Gold For The Festival of Lights
(Photo: Reuters/Representative Image)
Australia's iconic Sydney Opera House is about to turn gold to celebrate Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, for a night.
New South Wales Premier Mike Baird will visit the Opera House next Friday night to witness its colour change, Xinhua news agency reported.
Before that, Baird is expected to attend the traditional Hindu ceremony at the Museum of Contemporary Art here.
Diwali, which is celebrated by Hindus worldwide, falls on October 30 this year.
Recommended For You
- After 10 Years, Only Five Countries Will Be Left Playing Test Cricket: Pietersen
- Super 30: Hrithik Roshan Is Lost In His Character as He Sells Papad on the Streets of Jaipur
- Champions League: Messi Strikes as Barcelona Earn Draw Against Chelsea
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018