Diwali 2016: In A First, Singapore Launches Diwali-Themed Train
(Photo: Land Transport Authority/Facebook)
Diwali is round the corner and Indians across the world are gearing up to celebrate the festival of lights on October 30 this year.
From shopping clothes, footwear and jewellery to buying decorative items and diyas to embellish and light up their homes, preparations are on in full swing to celebrate one of the biggest Indian festivals - Diwali.
And while back home in India the excitement for the day is rising with each passing day, Singapore too has joined in to celebrate the festival of lights.
On October 15, a fortnight before Diwali, Singapore launched its first Diwali-themed train on its North East Line (NEL) which has a station named 'Little India.
In fact, both the platforms of the Little India station too were decorated with colorful motifs, floral designs and rangolis.
The coaches of the Diwali-themed train were decked up with beautiful images of diyas and garlands. Other elements such as intricate Indian jewellery, the lotus and peacock – a symbol of good luck - also featured on the train coaches.
Take a look.
The train was launched by the Land Transport Authority in collaboration with the Little India Shopkeepers and Heritage Association (LISHA).
It was inaugurated by Minister for Transport, Mr Khaw Boon Wan, and will run on the North East Line (NEL) till mid-November, the transport department wrote on their Facebook page.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot