Dog Called Romeo Rescued from Rubble 10 Days After Italy Quake
Firemen located the dog Friday evening, after accompanying Romeo’s owners to the rubble of their former home to collect belongings
A golden retriever called Romeo has been pulled alive from a pile of rubble in central Italy 10 days after towns in the area were levelled by a 6.2 magnitude earthquake.
Video released by the fire department showed firefighters freeing the dog on Friday from the ruins of a building in Amatrice, where 231 perished in the Aug. 24 quake. Firemen located the dog Friday evening, after accompanying Romeo’s owners to the rubble of their former home to collect belongings
Despite his ordeal, Romeo ran around wagging his tail, stopping only to be patted and to let a firefighter inspect his paw. A local official told Reuters Romeo was in good health.
Earlier this week a cat called Joy was rescued from the wreckage of another house in Amatrice, six days after the disaster.
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet