DTC Provides Free Trips To Women On Bhai Dooj
However, free trips will not be available on inter-state buses, which are destined to towns beyond NCR.
(Photo: Reuters/Representative Image)
The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) is providing free trips to women passengers in its AC and non-AC buses within the national capital and the National Capital Region (NCR) on the occasion of 'Bhai Dooj' on Tuesday.
This facility will, however, not be available on inter-state buses, which are destined to towns beyond NCR, an official statement said on Monday.
"Heavy rush of passengers is expected on Bhai Dooj day. Therefore, in order to cater to the extra rush of commuters on this day, the DTC has decided to press extra buses into service, so that the buses could be made available to commuters easily and timely.
"Depot Managers have also been directed to ensure out-shedding of buses as per the scheduled timings," it said.
Adequate number of traffic supervisory staff will be deployed to provide all possible help to the commuters," the statement added.
Recommended For You
- Hardik Pandya: Has India's Search for the Next Kapil Dev Ended?
- Ducati SuperSport S First Ride Review: The Most Sensible Ducati For Your Money
- India vs Australia 2017, 3rd ODI: Team India Report Card
- Tata Nexon Undercuts Maruti Vitara Brezza by Rs 1.5 Lakhs
- Priyanka Chopra Had 'Best Time' Hosting Global Citizen Festival