Ellen DeGeneres Temporarily Denied Entry Into The White House For Forgetting Her ID Card
Who says Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees have to bring an ID to get into the White House?
Apparently, the Secret Service does, as comedian Ellen DeGeneres experienced a delay in getting into a ceremony in which she and 20 others were honored with the nation's highest civilian award.
DeGeneres, sitting on a park bench before the ceremony, tweeted, "They haven't let me into the White House yet because I forgot my ID." She added, "#NotJoking."
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) November 22, 2016
But there is no need to worry. DeGeneres made it in time.
President Barack Obama said in honoring her that she has a way of making people laugh at something rather than someone, "except when I danced on her show." Obama also praised her courage in coming out as gay nearly two decades ago.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Thank Pune for Hospitality as They Head to Cuttack
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 To Launch Tomorrow: All You Need to Know
- Tubelight: Kabir Khan Shares SRK's Look From The Film
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment