Ellen DeGeneres Temporarily Denied Entry Into The White House For Forgetting Her ID Card
Who says Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees have to bring an ID to get into the White House?
Apparently, the Secret Service does, as comedian Ellen DeGeneres experienced a delay in getting into a ceremony in which she and 20 others were honored with the nation's highest civilian award.
DeGeneres, sitting on a park bench before the ceremony, tweeted, "They haven't let me into the White House yet because I forgot my ID." She added, "#NotJoking."
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) November 22, 2016
But there is no need to worry. DeGeneres made it in time.
President Barack Obama said in honoring her that she has a way of making people laugh at something rather than someone, "except when I danced on her show." Obama also praised her courage in coming out as gay nearly two decades ago.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory