Ellen DeGeneres Temporarily Denied Entry Into The White House For Forgetting Her ID Card
Who says Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees have to bring an ID to get into the White House? The Secret Service does.
Who says Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees have to bring an ID to get into the White House?
Apparently, the Secret Service does, as comedian Ellen DeGeneres experienced a delay in getting into a ceremony in which she and 20 others were honored with the nation's highest civilian award.
DeGeneres, sitting on a park bench before the ceremony, tweeted, "They haven't let me into the White House yet because I forgot my ID." She added, "#NotJoking."
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) November 22, 2016
But there is no need to worry. DeGeneres made it in time.
President Barack Obama said in honoring her that she has a way of making people laugh at something rather than someone, "except when I danced on her show." Obama also praised her courage in coming out as gay nearly two decades ago.
Recommended For You
- Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded
- ICW 2017: Anamika Khanna Talks About Her Collection Luxury 2017
- SRK-Diplo's Swagger Look from Jab Harry Met Sejal's Song Phurrr is Out!
- 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer Launched in India at Rs 18.75 Lakh
- Sachin, Sehwag, Big B & SRK Join Hands to Applaud Mithali Raj & Co