England Cricketer Liam Thomas Continues Fielding Despite Losing Prosthetic Leg
If Alastair Cook and the England cricket team need an inspiration after their poor performance in Dhaka, they should look no further than one of their own, another England cricketer, Liam Thomas, who plays for the England Physical Disabilities team.
On October 24, during a match between the England Physical Disabilities team and Pakistan, Thomas lost his prosthetic leg while fielding. But the young man didn't give up and prevented a boundary from being scored. In fact, even after he saved the boundary, Thomas hopped on one leg to get the ball and throw it towards the bowler to prevent runs from being scored.
Thomas became an overnight internet sensation after Saj Sadiq, Chief Editor of Pak Passion, a cricket website, posted a short video clip of him on his Twitter wall.
— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) October 30, 2016
The number of views and hits on the clip show that the video has gone massively viral on the micro-blogging site.
Thomas's grit and determination and his dedication towards the game has the Internet in awe of him. Social media users and also his teammates have been lauding him for showing unmatched sportsmanship on the field.
Despite his best efforts, England lost the final by three wickets.
The two teams were playing in the final of the ICC Academy Dubai invitational T20 tournament.
Recommended For You
- No Guarantees on Selection Because of Our Bench Strength, Warns Kohli
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- Simran: Kangana Ranaut's New Song Pinjra Tod Ke Will Uplift Your Spirit
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur Look to Make Most of Big Opportunity