Every Saree has a story to it; what's yours? #100SareePact
Two women from Bengaluru have formed a pact to wear a 100 sarees in the year 2015.
New Delhi: Everyone loves sarees, whether it is a woman, or a man who loves to admire the fairer sex donning this elegant piece of cloth. Sarees are beautiful. But it is a garment that has lost its popularity over the years because of a number of reasons. While it looks elegant and sophisticated, it is hard to maneuver yourself in this cloth, in the hustle-bustle of the modern world.
A working woman would obviously find it difficult to wear a saree everyday, given the amount of time it takes to wear it right and also the way one has to carry oneself without ruining the attire. And it is a fact, while our ancestors rocked sarees like a boss, the modern woman has a little less practice.
Two women from Bengaluru have decided to change this. Ally Matthan and Anju Maudgal Kadam have formed a pact to wear a 100 sarees in the year 2015, and they would put it up on the social media with the hashtag #100sareepact. They have also pledged others to participate in this endeavor of theirs.
The plan is with each photograph, the women must upload a 'sari story'. And women from all over India have responded to it. And they are acing it!
- Raji Bijur (@rajibijur) April 13, 2015
- Parvathy Nair (@paronair) April 13, 2015
- Nishtha Gautam (@TedhiLakeer) April 12, 2015
- Falguni Vasavada-Oza (@falgunivasavada) April 12, 2015
- Nishtha Gautam (@TedhiLakeer) April 4, 2015
Recommended For You
- Fit-Again Kidambi Srikanth Eyes India Open Title to Regain Lost Ground
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Justice League Trailer Shows The United Powers of All Our Favourites From DC Universe
- Spiderman: Homecoming New Posters Will Leave You Excited For July 7