Finally an Ad That Speaks the Mind of All Working Women Across the Country
Women face discrimination from all quarters. From being discriminated at home by parents to being accused at work for getting preferential treatment because you belong to a fairer sex- women have to constantly prove their worth in the society.
A new ad, by jewellery brand Tanishq, gives a brilliant take on working women and how, despite raised eyebrows, discrimination, weariness of people, women prove that they are much more than a pretty face. The women are interns at ad agencies, corporate executives, teachers and all of them have one thing in common- that they bring their best to work. That despite responsibilities, lack of experience, they manage to shine.
The video has a poem playing in the background which is aptly titled, Last thing on my mind. The lines go something like this.
"To those who live in their little bubble,
That a girl can’t juggle between the office and the home,
Because they think it’ll be such a struggle.
Well, it’s the last thing on my mind.
And how some colleagues get a kick
By shooting their mouth too quick,
About how I’m getting ahead,
Just because I’m a chick!
It’s the last thing on my mind."
Prejudices, societal norms, familial responsibilities can all be juggled if you are sure of yourself and your work. The ad celebrates the strength of all women- working as well as those who aren't- and their ability to do everything, juggle roles with ease and much more.
Watch the video here:
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer