DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Football club to unveil Jackson's statue
Chairman Mohamed al Fayed commissioned the sculpture following the singer's death
London: A statue of Michael Jackson will be installed at the Fulham Football club in the memory of the pop legend's friendship with its chairman.
Chairman Mohamed al Fayed commissioned the sculpture of his close friend following the singer's death in 2009. It will be unveiled at Craven Cottage on April 3, reports mirror.co.uk.
"I hope Fulham fans will appreciate seeing the finest performer in the world among them, the finest fans in the world," said Fayed.
"Michael Jackson was truly a legend. He was my friend, a man with whom I shared many happy memories and who died a very tragic death," dailystar.co.uk quoted Fayed as saying.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics