GaGa's new single 'Judas' upsets catholics
The singer takes on the Bible in the forthcoming music video for the track
London: Pop star Lady GaGa has been slammed by Catholic rights campaigners for her controversial use of religious imagery in her upcoming single "Judas".
Dailystar.co.uk reports, the singer takes on the Bible in the forthcoming music video for the track, in which she portrays Mary Magdalene and actor Norman Reedus stars as Judas.
The promotional video is due to be released later this month but it has already prompted outrage from bosses at the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
Bill Donohue, president of the civil rights organisation, has accused the star of using shock tactics and Christian idolatry to advance her career.
He told HollywoodLife.com, "This is a stunt... Lady Gaga tries to continue to shock Catholics and Christians in general: she dresses as a nun... she swallows the rosary. She has now morphed into a caricature of herself.
"She is trying to rip off Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances. Another ex-Catholic whose head is turned around... Is this the only way to jet up her performance? This isn't random, we are getting closer to Holy Week and Easter."
Recommended For You
- Tata Tigor Launched in India at Rs 4.70 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Virat Kohli Picks Out Cheteshwar Pujara for Special Praise
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia