'Gangnam Style' hits one billion views on YouTube
The dance track was posted online in July, propelling South Korean pop star Psy to worldwide fame.
London: South Korean dance track "Gangnam Style" has become the first video to clock up more than one billion views on YouTube, BBC reported. The dance track was posted online in July, propelling pop star Psy to worldwide fame.
It has inspired hundreds of parody clips from members of the British army and Thai navy among others. YouTube's owner Google said the video had been watched seven million to 10 million times a day on average.
It overtook the previous record holder - Justin Bieber's music video "Baby". "Psy's success is a great testament to the universal appeal of catchy music - and er, great equine dance moves," YouTube trends manager Kevin Allocca wrote on the service's blog.
BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills said: "Psy came into my Radio 1 show and The Guinness World Records presented him with a plaque for the most 'liked' YouTube video of all time and the amazing thing is he is just a guy, he hasn't tried to do any of this."
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling