Georgia School Employee Fired For Racist Post About Michelle Obama
US first lady Michelle Obama waves as she appears onstage during the first session at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Reuters)
Officials with a Georgia school district say an employee has been fired after she described first lady Michelle Obama as a gorilla on Facebook.
Forsyth County Schools said in a statement that elementary school paraprofessional Jane Wood Allen was fired Monday. The statement says "racism and discrimination are not tolerated" in the school district.
District spokeswoman Jennifer Caracciolo confirmed Monday that the decision to fire Allen was made after officials learned of the Facebook postings.
No one answered the phone Monday at a number listed for Allen. The number wasn't set up to allow voicemail messages.
News media outlets first reported the posts last week during the district's fall break.
Allen's Facebook page was no longer visible Monday.
Recommended For You
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Andrew Tye Ruled of IPL 2017 With a Dislocated Shoulder
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Slams Brace As India Blank Kiwis 3-0
- IPL 2017: Bumrah Reveals Secret Behind Successful Super Over