Ghulam Ali to pay tribute to Jagjit Singh
Ghulam Ali is known for his ghazals 'Chupke chupke raat din', 'Hum tere shahar mein aaye hain'.
Mumbai: Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali says he will pay a tribute to late ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh on the latter's birth anniversary Feb 8 next year. Ghulam Ali celebrated his 71st birthday here Wednesday along with his son Aamir Ali, and revealed his plans for Jagjit Singh's birth anniversary at the event.
"It is his (Jagjit Singh) birthday that day. They are saying it will be legend to legend, but I am not a legend, he was. Maybe he used to call me one. There will be a function in his memory and it is also for a charity cause. Inshallah, on his birthday, this will happen, we both father and son will perform there also," he said.
Ghulam Ali is known for his ghazals 'Chupke chupke raat din', 'Hum tere shahar mein aaye hain' and 'Hum ko kiske gham ne'.
Jagjit Singh died Oct 10, 2011, following brain haemorrhage.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System