Groom's family demands mutton biriyani, bride's family serves chicken, marriage called off in Bangalore after fight: report
A marriage was called off in Bangalore after a massive fight over the food served by the bride's family.
A marriage was called off in Bangalore after a massive fight over the food served by the bride's family, two separate media reports said on March 11. The groom's family allegedly demanded that it be served mutton biriyani at the reception but was served chicken biriyani by the bride's side leading to a blazing row, The Hindu and The Asian Age reported.
The wedding, which was supposed to be held at a mosque in KG Halli, between Saifulla and Yasmin Taj got cancelled despite mediation by elderly members of both families, the reports said. The families had arranged for a reception at Golden Heritage Shadi Mahal in Fraser Town.
The family of Taj had prepared 30 kilos of chicken biryani. After the feud, the bride's family is said to have complained that they feared for the bride's wellbeing if such a small adjustment could not be made by the groom's side.
The KG Halli police was quoted in the report as saying that they did not want to lodge a police complaint as it would antagonise both sides and close all doors for negotiations.
Both families live on Tannery Road and the groom works in Dubai.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK