Grumpy Cat Gets A Wax Replica At Madame Tussauds, Makes Broadway Debut
Grumpy Cat went viral in 2012 after her permanent scowl became meme-worthy fodder.
(Photo: Reuters/ The Grumpy Cat.)
Grumpy Cat, the internet's most famous scowling feline, not only unveiled a waxwork of herself this weekend, but also joined the cast of Broadway musical "Cats" to close out the show with some added "meow."
Grumpy Cat, 4, posed next to a wax replica of herself at Madame Tussauds waxwork museum in Washington D.C. last week, before snapping photos with the museum's other famous inhabitants, including former U.S. presidents Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan.
When asked how Grumpy Cat was feeling, her owner Tabatha Bundesen told Reuters, "She was thrilled. As you can see, she's still thrilled."
After her visit to the nation's capital, Grumpy Cat's next stop was New York's Broadway, where she was the guest of honour at Friday's curtain call for Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical "Cats."
She was cheered on by the cast on stage and the audience as she received a placard commemorating her Broadway debut.
Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, went viral in 2012 after her permanent scowl, which her owner said was caused by feline dwarfism, became meme-worthy fodder.
She has appeared in Lifetime movie "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" in 2014 and also has picture books and plush toys modelled after her.
Recommended For You
- Neymar Angered By Questions Related to Transfer to Real Madrid
- Virat Kohli & Co Sweat It Out at the Nets Ahead of Nagpur Test
- Firangi New Song: Gulbadan Is Perhaps The Most Awkward Mujra Song Ever
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank