Rapper Honey Singh's show cancelled over lewd lyrics
There was also a petition doing rounds which requested hotel's general manager to cancel the performance.
Gurgaon: The Bristol Hotel in Gurgaon has cancelled rapper Honey Singh's event that was planned for the New Year's evening after there was an outrage over offensive lyrics of his songs. An FIR was also lodged in Lucknow against the popular Punjabi singer.
At least two songs by the rapper have sparked outrage and there was also a petition doing the rounds on social media which requested the general manager of the hotel to cancel the performance. The country is witnessing nationwide protests demanding a safer environment for women after a 23-year-old woman died due to massive injuries sustained during a brutal ganrgape by six men.
The FIR was lodged by IPS officer Amitabh Thakur at Gomtinagar police station, Lucknow. Thakur had said in the FIR that the songs are extremely vulgar, lewd and indecent and acts as an offensive catalyst for crime against women. The FIR has been registered under sections 292, 293 and 294 of the Indian Penal Code.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement