Honey Singh: Don't use me as an excuse
Punjabi rapper Honey Singh said his name has been unnecessarily dragged into the controversy.
New Delhi: Punjabi rapper Honey Singh, who is under fire for the obscene lyrics of some of his songs, has spoken out against the uproar, saying his name has been unnecessarily dragged into the controversy.
"All this going on right now. They just needed an excuse and they've found one. CONGRATULATION!" Singh tweeted.
"Before you blame me, blame the government for not taking action against the rapists in the first place! Don't use me as an excuse! #HoneySinghIsInnocent - trend if you're with me! I've admitted that my past was a wrong choice, but now I deliver completely different music," he added.
A FIR was filed against the Punjabi rapper here Monday for his alleged use of vulgar lyrics of his song "Main hun balatkaria" (I am a rapist).
The outrage also led to the cancellation of Singh's performance in Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon, where he was supposed to perform on New Year's Eve, following an active online petition.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models