Indian Businessman Pays $9 Million To Get Unique Dubai Number Plate For His Rolls Royce
(Photo: Reuters/Representative Image)
An Indian businessman has paid $9 million (approximately Rs 60 crores) at auction to grab a single-digit car registration plate in Dubai, feeding a passion for "unique" number plates.
Balwinder Sahani, who owns a Dubai-based property management company, spent AED 33 million on the "D5" number plate, in an auction organised by the road authority, Gulf News daily reported Sunday.
"I have collected 10 number plates so far and I am looking forward to having more. It's a passion. This number will go to one of my Rolls-Royces," he said.
The daily said more than 300 bidders participated Saturday in the auction which is organised every two months. Eighty special numbers were on offer.
Auctions for "unique" car plates have become a fashion in the glitzy United Arab Emirates with auction organisers frequently netting millions of dollars.
Recommended For You
- Baba Ramdev's Dangal Dazzles Fans at PWL
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment