Inside SpiceJet: Photos of the Holi dance that landed the airline in trouble
Mid-air Holi celebrations aboard eight flights have cost no-frill carrier SpiceJet heavily.
Mid-air Holi celebrations aboard eight flights have cost no-frill carrier SpiceJet heavily, with the DGCA issuing show cause notice to the airline and suspending two of its pilots. The cabin crew of SpiceJet performed a small dance sequence on a song as part of Holi celebrations, with some passengers also joining in. The videos of these events were taken and uploaded on YouTube and other social media. In one video, a pilot is seen coming out of the cockpit and taking photographs of the celebrations at the front of the aisle. Official sources said the act constituted violation of all safety norms and two pilots were suspended. SpiceJet on March 17 ran eight special flights with extra cabin crew onboard to do a 2.5-minute jig on the occasion of Holi. It defended itself saying that the cockpit was manned all the time.
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1