DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
International Day Of Peace: 5 Inspirational Quotes About Peace
Peace not war.
Each year since 1981, September 21 has been observed as the International Day of Peace around the world.
The United Nations General Assembly declared this day to be marked as a day of peace, a day dedicated to strengthening the ideals of peace "both within ourselves and also in the world".
Each year, a theme is dedicated to this day as a goal to be achieved. And this year, the theme is “The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace.”
This day, every year, people talk of the importance of peace, but not much is being done to achieve it. Conflict, whether it is internal, or among people or between nations, has become a constant state of affair.
To mark this day, here are a few quotes by inspirational leaders which reflect on the importance of peace and ways and means to achieve it.
Saint Mother Teresa
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017