Jimmy Kimmel Announces 'Trump-free' Episode
Photo via Reutres.
In the wake of the Oscars presentation function, which saw several jokes aimed at US President Donald Trump, host Jimmy Kimmel declared on his TV show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" a 'Trump-free' episode.
"This is a special night tonight. We're having a Trump-free episode," Kimmel told his studio audience on Tuesday, reports variety.com.
"The President spoke tonight before a joint session of Congress and we are going to ignore it. For a very good reason. And the reason is: I need a break from it," he added.
Actor Chris Pratt made an appearance on Kimmel's show -- aired in India on Star World and Star World HD -- and released a new "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" teaser.
Kimmel hosted the 89th Academy Awards on February 26 night by taking a dig at Trump. Kimmel's Oscars monologue was littered with jabs at Trump, going so far as to jokingly thank him.
"Remember last year when it seemed like the Oscars were racist? That's gone, thanks to him," Kimmel said sarcastically.
As a move to catch his attention, Kimmel also tweeted to Trump live. In one post, Kimmel wrote, "Hey Donald Trump you up?" and in another, he wrote, "Donald Trump, Meryl says hi".
Recommended For You
- Moment of Reckoning For Kohli, Smith and Dharamsala
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium