DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
John Legend accused of stealing song
The R&B star was accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song
New York: R&B star John Legend has been accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song.
In a lawsuit filed in New Jersey, Stokes stated that he gave the tape to Legend in 2004 after a concert he performed at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. The 32-year-old promised to listen to the song, but never got back to Stokes, reports Tmz.com.
The songwriter, however, insists that the track called "Maxine's Interlude", released in 2006, is a little too similar to his song "Where Are You Now?", which was on the demo.
He now is demanding unspecified damages.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London