John Legend accused of stealing song
The R&B star was accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song
New York: R&B star John Legend has been accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song.
In a lawsuit filed in New Jersey, Stokes stated that he gave the tape to Legend in 2004 after a concert he performed at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. The 32-year-old promised to listen to the song, but never got back to Stokes, reports Tmz.com.
The songwriter, however, insists that the track called "Maxine's Interlude", released in 2006, is a little too similar to his song "Where Are You Now?", which was on the demo.
He now is demanding unspecified damages.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology