DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Madonna named best-selling female singles artist
Madonna defeated Rihanna to take the title by selling more than 17.8 million singles in Britain since 1984.
London: Pop star Madonna has been named the best-selling female singles artist in Britain's music chart history.
The 54-year-old defeated Rihanna to take the title by selling more than 17.8 million (copies of her) singles in Britain since the release of her debut track 'Holiday' back in 1984, reports contactmusic.com.
Rihanna came in second with a sales figures of 11.4 million in the seven years since she released her first single, 'Pon de Replay', in 2005.
According to The Official Charts Company, Australian superstar Kylie Minogue took third place with 10.2 million singles sales during her career of 25 years, while Whitney Houston grabbed the fourth spot with 8.5 million and Lady Gaga with 7.3 million.
Other artists to feature in the top 10 include Britney Spears, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Happy Birthday Ravi Shastri: Five Popular Commentary Gems
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users