Mehdi Hassan to be laid to rest on Friday
Hassan, known for ghazals like 'Ranjish hi sahi', 'Patta patta, boota boota', passed away at Karachi's Agha Khan Hospital.
New Delhi: Mehdi Hassan, the legendary Pakistani ghazal maestro born in India, passed away at a Karachi hospital Wednesday and his son says that the funeral will take place Friday.
"My father's funeral will take place Friday in Karachi," Arif Mehdi told IANS on phone from Karachi, adding that they have yet to finalise the place.
"We have asked for the permission from the government to bury him at Quaid-e-Azam mazar (Mazar-e-Quaid) in Karachi, but we are waiting for the approval," he added.
Hassan, known for ghazals like 'Ranjish hi sahi', 'Patta patta, boota boota', passed away at Karachi's Agha Khan Hospital after a prolonged illness. He was 84.
"My father's condition started deteriorating early morning and he breathed his last around 12:15 in the afternoon. All his children were by his side during his last moments. We can now just pray for his soul to rest in peace," Arif said.
He also revealed that the family will be make arrangement for his father's fans to pay their last respects to him.
"We will definitely make special arrangements for his fans, who want to see him for the last time," he added.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das