Michael Moore Has A 'To-Do List' After Donald Trump's Win And It's Winning The Internet
Demonstrators marched in cities across the United States on Wednesday to protest against Republican Donald Trump's surprise presidential election win, blasting his campaign rhetoric about immigrants, Muslims and other groups. The raw divisions exposed by the presidential race were on full display across America, as protesters flooded city streets to condemn Donald Trump's election in demonstrations that police said were mostly peaceful.
From New England to heartland cities like Kansas City and along the West Coast, many thousands of demonstrators carried flags and anti-Trump signs, disrupting traffic and declaring that they refused to accept Trump's triumph.
Among the many who took to the streets was American documentary filmmaker and author Michael Moore.
Apart from taking to the streets in protest, the filmmaker, who released his Trumpland documentary last month, wrote a post on Facebook, providing a step-wise guide as to what should the Americans do next.
He mentioned in his 'morning after to-do-list' that people should take over the Democratic party, fire TV pundits and must reiterate that Clinton won the popular vote.
He wrote :
Morning After To-Do List:
- Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
- Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn't let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must "heal the divide" and "come together." They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
- Any Democratic member of Congress who didn't wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that's about to begin (sic).
In his Facebook post, Moore asked Americans to stop saying they are shocked and stunned and reiterated that he had warned people not to take Trump lightly.
He wrote, "Everyone must stop saying they are "stunned" and "shocked". What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren't paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all "You're fired!" Trump's victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that (sic)."
His final point gave people some hope and encouraged them to work towards a better tomorrow. The final words of his post were, "You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: "Hillary Clinton won the popular vote!" The majority of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don't. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we'll continue to have presidents we didn't elect and didn't want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there's climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don't want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the "liberal" position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above) (sic)."
Recommended For You
- LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: It's Beauty vs Toughness
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Zaheer-Sagarika Perfect Match, Says Sachin Tendulkar
- Maruti Suzuki DZire Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It