Michelle Obama Hugged George W. Bush And The Internet Lost It
The first national museum devoted exclusively to the history and culture of African-Americans is now open.
President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama opened the new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture on the National Mall by ringing a bell from a historic African-American church on Saturday.
The Obamas were joined at the museum by former presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton. Former President George W. Bush had signed the law authorising the construction in 2003.
Apart from the historic opening of the museum, the event saw the reuniting of two friends - Michelle Obama and George W. Bush.
The first lady reached out and held Bush in a hug while President Barack Obama and former first lady Laura Bush clapped and looked on.
While the event was important, it was this particular moment that grabbed the world's attention and internet users were quick to respond.
As soon as the pictures made their way to the social media, internet users jumped in to have some good time and took it as an opportunity to flex their photo-editing skills.
"My favorite little moment today," said @jeremyart.
— Jeremy Art (@jeremyart) September 24, 2016
"That picture of Michelle Obama hugging George W. Bush makes me smile," said @kingsthings.
— Larry King (@kingsthings) September 26, 2016
"America needs these pictures," wrote @davidmackau.
america needs these pictures rn pic.twitter.com/kqgTnnTRI1
— David Mack (@davidmackau) September 24, 2016
"Michelle smells like Cocoa Butter," joked @realfacade1, captioning the image.
— real facade (@realfacade1) September 24, 2016
"Michelle reminds George Bush of all the women his parents paid to raise him," posted @rodimusprime on Twitter about the image.
Michelle reminds George Bush of all the women his parents paid to raise him. pic.twitter.com/3botIJ5ivG
— Rod (@rodimusprime) September 25, 2016
Face-swapping - this is weird.
Err. no she didn't do that.
Michelle Obama literally hugging a bush.
The family hug.
With input from AP.
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis