Mumbai MLA Gifts Minor Son A Convertible Mercedes, Netizens Express Concern
After the lavish 500 crore wedding of former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy’s daughter, the MLA from Mumbai's West Ghatkopar, Ram Kadam, has decided to splurge on his adolescent son's birthday.
No, Kadam didn't like to gift his son new clothes or video games or such things the way other people do. So, on November 19, he gifted his minor son Aum R Kadam a swanky Mercedes Benz convertible.
The excited MLA then took to Twitter to tell this to the world: "#HappyBirthday to my dearest son @AumRKadam !!! This my loving gift for him !!! (sic)."
— Ram Kadam (@ramkadam) November 19, 2016
Soon afterwards, social media users started expressing their concern. Not for the MLA or his son, but for the people on the streets. While some questioned Kadam gifting his minor son a car, others advised him to discourage his son from driving and to hire a driver for him.
— Daljeet Singh (@daljeet_DS) November 24, 2016
— Shogun Kan Ki (@rai6_) November 24, 2016
— ମୋନାଲିସା™ (@_imonlyindian) November 24, 2016
— The Chakolebaaz (@Chakolebaaz) November 24, 2016
@ramkadam He is a kid> a car is not a toy ! Is a lethal killing machine in the hands of kids ! Be a responsible Dad 4 Gods sake !
— Jasumati (@JasumatiPatel) November 24, 2016
On a lighter note, a few social media users tried to remember the gifts they had received as kids.
I used to get Gems packet https://t.co/mwPGIEStaX
— SreeV (@SreekrishnanV) November 24, 2016
Recommended For You
- TRANS-TASMAN RIVALRYAustralia Vs New Zealand, 1st ODI, Live Score: Kiwis Need 325 to Win
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- HEARTBROKENReal Madrid Equaliser a "Jug of Cold Water" For Barcelona's Luis Enrique
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet