DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Oliver Twist' Getting TV Update and Gender Swap
The title character is now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
The classic Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist" is receiving the remake treatment at NBC, with the title character now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
Film producer Joel Silver is on board for the contemporization, The Hollywood Reporter announced, while Lionsgate is also on board.
The treatment is to be a "sexy contemporary take" with its Twist finding "a true sense of family in a strange group of talented outcasts."
Silver is well known for his film industry exploits -- he produced the "Lethal Weapon" and "Matrix" films and more recently the "Sherlock Holmes" movies and Shane Black's "The Nice Guys" -- but he has also been involved with TV by way of shows like "Tales From the Crypt," "Moonlight," and "Veronica Mars."
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings