'Oliver Twist' Getting TV Update and Gender Swap
The title character is now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
The classic Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist" is receiving the remake treatment at NBC, with the title character now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
Film producer Joel Silver is on board for the contemporization, The Hollywood Reporter announced, while Lionsgate is also on board.
The treatment is to be a "sexy contemporary take" with its Twist finding "a true sense of family in a strange group of talented outcasts."
Silver is well known for his film industry exploits -- he produced the "Lethal Weapon" and "Matrix" films and more recently the "Sherlock Holmes" movies and Shane Black's "The Nice Guys" -- but he has also been involved with TV by way of shows like "Tales From the Crypt," "Moonlight," and "Veronica Mars."
Recommended For You
- Wayne Rooney Breaks Bobby Charlton's Manchester United Scoring Record
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More