'Oliver Twist' Getting TV Update and Gender Swap
The title character is now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
The classic Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist" is receiving the remake treatment at NBC, with the title character now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
Film producer Joel Silver is on board for the contemporization, The Hollywood Reporter announced, while Lionsgate is also on board.
The treatment is to be a "sexy contemporary take" with its Twist finding "a true sense of family in a strange group of talented outcasts."
Silver is well known for his film industry exploits -- he produced the "Lethal Weapon" and "Matrix" films and more recently the "Sherlock Holmes" movies and Shane Black's "The Nice Guys" -- but he has also been involved with TV by way of shows like "Tales From the Crypt," "Moonlight," and "Veronica Mars."
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts From April 21, 2017