'Oliver Twist' Getting TV Update and Gender Swap
The title character is now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
The classic Charles Dickens novel "Oliver Twist" is receiving the remake treatment at NBC, with the title character now a 20-something, crime-fighting female.
Film producer Joel Silver is on board for the contemporization, The Hollywood Reporter announced, while Lionsgate is also on board.
The treatment is to be a "sexy contemporary take" with its Twist finding "a true sense of family in a strange group of talented outcasts."
Silver is well known for his film industry exploits -- he produced the "Lethal Weapon" and "Matrix" films and more recently the "Sherlock Holmes" movies and Shane Black's "The Nice Guys" -- but he has also been involved with TV by way of shows like "Tales From the Crypt," "Moonlight," and "Veronica Mars."
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead