Philippines President Says No to Steve Harvey Returning to Host 'Miss Universe 2016'
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat, due to the disapproval of the President of the Philippines.
Rodrigo Duterte is not keen to let the presenter back on the Miss Universe stage when the 2016 pageant hits Manila in January, CNN Philippines reports.
Harvey hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons last year when he announced Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach as the first runner-up in the competition. In fact, the Filipina beauty was the winner, but Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez had already been crowned before the mix-up came to light, causing confusion on stage.
However, the country's tourism secretary Wanda Teo pointed out that Harvey has a five-year contract with the pageant organization.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Rahul Gandhi Trolled For 'Torn Kurta' Antic During His Speech In Rishikesh
- Bangladesh Hit New Low in Test Cricket - We Tell You How
- Hero Achiever 150 Review: Smart Features And Easy Riding
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know