Philippines President Says No to Steve Harvey Returning to Host 'Miss Universe 2016'
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat, due to the disapproval of the President of the Philippines.
Rodrigo Duterte is not keen to let the presenter back on the Miss Universe stage when the 2016 pageant hits Manila in January, CNN Philippines reports.
Harvey hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons last year when he announced Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach as the first runner-up in the competition. In fact, the Filipina beauty was the winner, but Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez had already been crowned before the mix-up came to light, causing confusion on stage.
However, the country's tourism secretary Wanda Teo pointed out that Harvey has a five-year contract with the pageant organization.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology