Philippines President Says No to Steve Harvey Returning to Host 'Miss Universe 2016'
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat
TV presenter Steve Harvey's role as presenter of the ‘Miss Universe' pageant could be under threat, due to the disapproval of the President of the Philippines.
Rodrigo Duterte is not keen to let the presenter back on the Miss Universe stage when the 2016 pageant hits Manila in January, CNN Philippines reports.
Harvey hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons last year when he announced Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach as the first runner-up in the competition. In fact, the Filipina beauty was the winner, but Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez had already been crowned before the mix-up came to light, causing confusion on stage.
However, the country's tourism secretary Wanda Teo pointed out that Harvey has a five-year contract with the pageant organization.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 Review: Can It Beat the iPhone 7 Plus Dual Camera?
- India Lose 2-3 Against Malaysia, Crash Out of HWL
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats