Psy named South Korea's most powerful celebrity
Psy has become a worldwide sensation thanks to the success of his 2012 hit.
London: 'Gangnam Style' hitmaker Psy has been crowned the most powerful celebrity in his native South Korea. The 35-year-old star has become a worldwide sensation thanks to the success of his 2012 hit. As a result of all his success, Forbes Korea magazine editors have handed Psy the top spot on the 2013 Power Celebrity 40 list, reported Daily Star online.
Psy also performed at the inauguration ceremony of South Korea's first female president, Park Geun-hye recently.
Pop group Girls' Generation, who have dominated the countdown for the past two years, are relegated to number two.
Other acts to make the 2013 list include K-pop boyband Bigbang at five, singer IU at eight, and Lee Seung Gi at 11.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK Joins Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra On The Sets of Ittefaq
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar