'Queen of Kolkata's Park Street' Pam Crain dies at 80
The 80-year-old crooner was suffering from respiratory problems that led to a cardiac arrest.
Kolkata: Iconic jazz singer and performer Pam Crain, whose voice mesmerised generations of fans in the eastern metropolis, died here due to cardiac arrest, said her husband Don Saigal.
The 80-year-old crooner was suffering from respiratory problems that led to a cardiac arrest Wednesday.
Known for her singing talents that matched her beauty, Crain regaled masses and gave an identity to the city's nightlife through her regular stints at various clubs in the city's hip and stylish Park Street area.
She was aptly tagged as 'Queen of Park Street' and was an inspiration to budding musicians including a young Usha Uthup.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media