Ramsay Bolton's Death Was Made Less Gory in Game of Thrones
A still from Game Of Thrones.
London: In the popular TV show Game of Thrones, the character Ramsay Boltons death scene where his own dogs rip him apart, was scaled back and made less gory, reveals the special effects creators of the show.
As graphic as Bolton's demise was, Image Engine, the company that created many of the memorable scenes for Season 6, intended it to be even more gory, reports variety.com.
"They shot the scene with multiple takes. They did a pass of the dog on green screen, then Ramsay on green screen, and then we also had a background plate, which we put together," Image Engine visual effects supervisor Mat Krentz explained.
The artists also created a computer-generated jaw for Bolton, and animated it to reveal the flesh ripping between Ramsay's skin and gums. The effect was too gruesome even by Game Of Thrones standards, so they pulled it back a bit, using a 2D composite instead.
Image Engine's creative team was also behind the season's 72 on-screen deaths, spread over 10 episodes.
This is how the death count broke down: 22 by sword, 14 by slit throat, 1 by pike, and 1 by dogs (Bolton's death following his loss at the Battle of the Bastards).
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Android Smartphone to Launch on May 3 Under Rs 15k
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Emotional Tendulkar Thanks Fan
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- Azlan Shah 2017 Live Updates, IND vs GBR: Mandeep Gives India 2-1 Lead