DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ramsay Bolton's Death Was Made Less Gory in Game of Thrones
A still from Game Of Thrones.
London: In the popular TV show Game of Thrones, the character Ramsay Boltons death scene where his own dogs rip him apart, was scaled back and made less gory, reveals the special effects creators of the show.
As graphic as Bolton's demise was, Image Engine, the company that created many of the memorable scenes for Season 6, intended it to be even more gory, reports variety.com.
"They shot the scene with multiple takes. They did a pass of the dog on green screen, then Ramsay on green screen, and then we also had a background plate, which we put together," Image Engine visual effects supervisor Mat Krentz explained.
The artists also created a computer-generated jaw for Bolton, and animated it to reveal the flesh ripping between Ramsay's skin and gums. The effect was too gruesome even by Game Of Thrones standards, so they pulled it back a bit, using a 2D composite instead.
Image Engine's creative team was also behind the season's 72 on-screen deaths, spread over 10 episodes.
This is how the death count broke down: 22 by sword, 14 by slit throat, 1 by pike, and 1 by dogs (Bolton's death following his loss at the Battle of the Bastards).
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?