Ranveer Singh's Sexist Jack and Jones Billboard Ad Faces Criticism on Twitter
A file photo of Ranveer Singh.
Enfant terrible Ranveer Singh has landed himself in the eye of a storm with his latest campaign for a menswear brand. The actor is shown carrying a female colleague with the tagline “Don’t Hold Back. Take Your Work Home.” This campaign by Marching Ants agency has not gone down well and generated widespread outrage. Actor Siddharth was one of the first few to point out the regressive campaign.
— Siddharth (@Actor_Siddharth) November 20, 2016
Ad guru Piyush Pandey also slammed the advertisement. Speaking to CNN News 18, Pandey said, “Agencies can do better. You have a very good actor in Ranveer, you don't have resort to what is not considered correct, this ad will offend a lot of people, not just women. In this day and age, when everyone is talking about harassment at work, you have to be sensitive to issues around the world.”
While the brand in contention, Jack and Jones India, has apologized unconditionally and pulled the advertisement and signage down, it has sneakily plugged in its campaign in the apology tweet.
— JACK & JONES INDIA (@JackJonesIndia) November 22, 2016
Meanwhile, actor Ranveer Singh who is busy whipping up a media blitzkrieg for his upcoming film Befikre is yet to address the outrage.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: 'Combating Kohli & Gayle is Like Going into Battle'
- Super Singh Poster: Diljit Looks Like The Perfect 'Desi' Superhero With a Turban
- IPL 2017: Rohit Sharma Lauds Bowlers After Win Over Daredevils
- IPL 2017: Fans Troll Goenka Even After He Calls MS Dhoni Great
- Ford Figo S First Drive Review: The Reason Not To Buy The Baleno RS