Ravi Shankar, Anoushka to compete at Grammys 2013
Ravi Shankar has been nominated for his album 'The Living Room Sessions Part-1'.
Mumbai: Legendary sitarist Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka will be competing against each other at the 55th Grammy Awards, with both being nominated in the same category of Best World Music Album.
Shankar, 92, who has been ailing for sometime and currently in the US for surgery, has been nominated for his album 'The Living Room Sessions Part-1'.
The album includes four tracks with Indian classical raagas like Malgunji, Khamaj, Kedar and Raag Satyajit.
Shankar, a three-time Grammy award winner, had recorded the album last year, with his long-time tabla companion Tanmoy Bose at his home in California.
His 31-year-old daughter Anoushka, who has been nominated twice for the award in the past, has managed a nomination in the same category with her album 'Traveller' which explores the links between Indian music and Spanish dance style flamenco.
Apart from competing with each other, the father-daughter duo are pitted against Hugh Masekela, Daniel Ho, and Amadou and Mariam who are part of the category with their albums 'Jabulani', 'On a Gentle Island Breeze' and 'Folila'
The 2013 Grammy Awards will take place in Los Angeles on February 10.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir