Sachin Tendulkar Joins Global Citizen Movement
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Mumbai: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has extended his support to Global Citizen Movement. The cricket legend will be making his presence at the debut India edition of the Global Citizen Festival on November 19.
The inaugural Global Citizen Festival India will be headlined by Coldplay, Jay Z, SRK, Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Katrina Kaif, A.R. Rahman, Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Arijit Singh, Dia Mirza, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Monali Thakur.
Apart from Tendulkar, other stars to join the movement are Ayushmann Khurrana, Malaika Arora Khan, Parineeti Chopra, Sakshi Malik, Sonakshi Sinha and Vijender Singh, read a statement.
In its first year, the Global Citizen India movement is focusing on three major issues integral to eradicating extreme poverty -- quality education, gender equality and water, sanitation and hygiene.
Tendulkar said: "As a country, India is united with the world in fighting open defecation and improper sanitation. Our efforts in sanitation play an important role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and also ensuring basic human dignity. I am pleased to lend my support to Global Citizen India in their efforts towards the sustainable development goals of water, sanitation and hygiene."
This six-hour concert will also feature live musical performances, stars, dancing, and short films by eminent filmmakers.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- HIL 2017: Nikkin's Late Goal Earns 3-3 Draw for Dabang Mumbai in Opener
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More