DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
The music industry mourns Whitney Houston's death
Friends and colleagues mourned the death of Whitney Houston.
Los Angeles: A collection of reactions to Whitney Houston's death Saturday in Beverly Hills at age 48.
- "First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all. Second, I would like to say, I love you Whitney. The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage." - Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown, performing a show in Southaven, Miss., hours after her death.
- "I am devastated by the loss of Whitney. We have lost a true angel. My prayers, my heart goes out to her family. We have lost an extraordinary voice to the world. " - singer Lionel Richie.
- "This is a sad day today, all I want to talk about is her music. She was the most beautiful woman I think I ever saw.... Thank you for giving us your talent, and one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard." - Elton John, from the stage at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, before dedicating the song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Houston.
- "Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston. I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, `Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed." - Dolly Parton, who wrote the original version of 'I Will Always Love you', which Houston later sang for the film 'The Bodyguard'.
- "She had everything, beauty, a magnificent voice. How sad her gifts could not bring her the same happiness they brought us." - Barbra Streisand
- "Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth." - Mariah Carey, in messages posted on Twitter
- "A light has been dimmed in our music community today, and we extend our deepest condolences to her family, friends, fans and all who have been touched by her beautiful voice." - Neil Portnow, president and CEO of the Recording Academy
- "I truly, truly adored Whitney Houston. Her album `I'm Your Baby Tonight' was the very first album I ever bought." - Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child
- "I can't believe that Whitney is gone. My heart goes out to her family, to Clive (Davis), and to everyone who knew and loved this amazingly talented and beautiful artist. I will always love her." - Barry Manilow
- "Without a doubt, her voice, for me, and for the world, was the gold standard. She had it all, she broke all barriers." - Tommy Mottola, former chairman and CEO of Sony Music Entertainment
- "Whitney Houston was the greatest singer I've ever heard and she will be truly missed." - Tony Bennett in a post on Twitter
- "The morning of the Grammys, the world should pause and pray for the memory of a gifted songbird." - Rev. Al Sharpton, who called for a national prayer to honor Houston and support her family
- "I've known Whitney since she was a little girl and I loved her. She was like family to me. I will miss her." - Smokey Robinson
- "Whitney was the reason many of us do what we do." - Pink, in a Twitter post
- "At the apex of her career, Whitney had no peer, with a voice that shaped a generation. She has left behind a musical and film legacy that will endure.... she will be sorely missed by us all." - Bishop TD Jakes, producer of Houston's final film project, a remake of the movie 'Sparkle'.
- "I think her contribution was her excellence of all levels. She was outstandingly gorgeous, an excellent performer ... Excellent vocalist. She was excellent on some many levels, and set the standard for what it is to be a great female artist." - India.Arie
- "She blessed us with so much greatness in songs that we can never ever forget her." - Producer Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins, who worked with Houston
- "Her music inspired millions and the power of her voice was hard to match in its depth and crystalline beauty." - Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who knew Houston
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs