US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
However, they let him keep the cut-out.
(Photo: Reuters/ Cut-outs of U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.)
A driver trying to get through a carpool lane -- high-occupancy vehicle lane -- with a giant cut-out of Donald Trump's head has been fined $136.
Washington State Patrol Spokesman Rick Johnson said that one sees a lot of things in one's career, "but this was something else".
On Tuesday, the patrolling officer had stopped the car on State Route 167 near Auburn in Alabama, and told the driver: "This is just awesome". He then handed him a $136 citation for violating the HOV lane.
He, however, let him keep his Donald Trump cut-out, Johnson said.
The officer also did not ask the driver about his plans for the November 8 vote.
"I don't know if it was a political statement," Johnson said.
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka vs India: Visitors Have 'The Eye of The Tiger' at Galle
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Review: Is it Better Than The Xiaomi Mi Max?
- GoT S7: New Photos from Episode 3 Tease The Big Reunion at Dragonstone
- Cheteshwar Pujara Credits County Cricket For 12th Test Ton
- Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded