US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
However, they let him keep the cut-out.
(Photo: Reuters/ Cut-outs of U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.)
A driver trying to get through a carpool lane -- high-occupancy vehicle lane -- with a giant cut-out of Donald Trump's head has been fined $136.
Washington State Patrol Spokesman Rick Johnson said that one sees a lot of things in one's career, "but this was something else".
On Tuesday, the patrolling officer had stopped the car on State Route 167 near Auburn in Alabama, and told the driver: "This is just awesome". He then handed him a $136 citation for violating the HOV lane.
He, however, let him keep his Donald Trump cut-out, Johnson said.
The officer also did not ask the driver about his plans for the November 8 vote.
"I don't know if it was a political statement," Johnson said.
Recommended For You
- THE TIPPLING POINT | A Scot's Funeral is Merrier Than an English Wedding. Here's Why
- South African Batsman Smashes 490 Runs in 50-over Match
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR