Video Of Donald Trump's Granddaughter Reciting A Poem In Mandarin Is Now Viral
(Photo: Reuters/Instagram screenshot)
A video showing the granddaughter of US President-elect Donald Trump speaking Mandarin has been a big hit with many Chinese Internet users since the surprise outcome of the November 8 poll.
The clip of Arabella Kushner, 5, reciting a poem dating back to the Tang dynasty has been one of the most commented-upon subjects on Chinese social-networking sites, where thousands of users expressed their surprise at her level of Mandarin, Xinhua news agency reported.
Hundreds of thousands of users on Weibo microblogging site have already watched the video of Kushner dressed in a red tutu and a traditional qipao, many of whom have said she was "adorable".
Two clips of Trump's granddaughter during her Mandarin classes were uploaded to the internet by her mother, Ivanka Trump, toward the end of last year and the beginning of this year, although only now have they captured the attention of Chinese Internet users.
Amid questions over the future of US-China relations following the rise to power of Trump, who has harshly criticised the Asian giant during his campaign for alleged currency manipulation, those users said the videos of Kushner were evidence of their country's global stature and importance.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More